YouTube is considered one of the most widely used platforms, and it has come a long way since it has been launched first. Recently, YouTube launched a new type of short-video content after the Instagram reels and TikTok got famous. With YouTube shorts, you can grow your channel in an easy way, and even it helps the owner of the channel to garner more viewers and subscribers. But it is not as easy as we think, as the content and consistency of the video will play a huge role.
Let’s find out the different effective ways to do stunning YouTube shorts.
Know about the YouTube shorts:
YouTube shorts are considered the vertical video format and it comes with a micro-content that goes up to 60 seconds in length. To make the YouTube shorts, the creator can make a video, edit, add music, and even add text if you want. Finally, the YouTube shorts can be posted on the YouTube app.
The best thing about the YouTube shorts is that they will remain on the channel forever, and on other platforms like Instagram, and Facebook stories the shorts will get disappear after 24 hours. The smart tip to increase the viewers and visibility is for the creators can add hashtags to the videos.
If you are looking for the fastest way to monetize the content and increase the visibility of the channel, then YouTube shorts are the perfect way to do it. YouTube shorts are a recently added feature, and more people are showing interest in it by making them popular. So, using such a new feature will create opportunities for both profile ad video views.
How to make YouTube shorts?
The making of YouTube shorts is simple and easy, and we have provided a step-by-step guide for the creators;
- Open the YouTube app, and at the bottom center you will find a “+” option, click that
- A pop-up window will appear, and in that click “create a short”. For creating a short, you need to give access to the mic and camera, so that it will go to the next step
- Next, the YouTube shorts page will be opened, and the length of the video will be 15 seconds, which you can change to 60 seconds by tapping on the 15 seconds
- Click “Flip” and it will get switched between the front and rear camera, and you can start making the shorts
- Depending on your need, you can click both the slow and fast buttons. On YouTube, you can go fast as 3x and slow as 0.3x
- Also, by tapping the timer you can create a “short hands-free tap” and set a countdown from 3 seconds to 20 seconds
- Tap “filters” and record the video using your favorite filter
- There is an option called “Green Screen” which allows you to record video in a background that comes with the image of your choice
- Finally, you can start recording the shorts by tapping on the red record button
- After recording, click the checkmark in the bottom right to preview your video. If you want you can also adjust the video by adding images, music, or filters
- Even on YouTube, you can adjust the sound by dragging it, and once you are done with the editing, click “Done”
- Add title and fix the setting, and now your shorts are ready to go. Add #shorts to increase the reach of your channel, and finally, click “upload”
7 tips to make quality YouTube shorts:
Choose the length
The maximum duration of the short is 60 seconds, which means you don’t have to use it the entire time. Try to focus on the content and deliver the message as concisely as possible as you need to value the viewer’s time.
Make valuable shorts
The shorts should be precise, valuable, important, and also should be of smaller duration. You can’t post random shorts, as it will make the viewer not engage with your channel. Select a niche and start posting the video depending on that, it will make you focus on one thing. Then, you can slowly introduce new shorts on new products or services which will create excitement among the users.
Create custom thumbnails
The thumbnail matters the most as it will make the viewer decide whether to watch the video or not. You may think why create a thumbnail for the shorts as the shorts on YouTube can be viewed as normal videos.
Title should matter
Like the thumbnail, the video should also need a catchy topic. The creator of the shorts should give more importance to the title, as it will grab the attention of the viewer. Even it will make aware of the viewer on what content the video is based on.
Create YouTube stories
YouTube stories are one of the best ways to promote your YouTube shorts. It is important to create engaging stories so that they will highlight the YouTube shorts. Even there is a chance that it will triple or quadruple the subscribers of your channel.
Never post long content
YouTube shorts are considered the quickest way of entertaining people, so stop posting longer content. If you don’t have content finish the shorts soon or else you will ruin the viewer’s expectation by posting a long video.
Being consistent is the most important thing, whatever niche you follow, you should post the videos regularly. Prepare a posting schedule and post videos accordingly, there are a lot of automatic tools that help to post your video on time. If you don’t upload regularly, then there is a chance that you are disappointing the viewers.
If you want to engage more viewers then YouTube shorts is one of the best ways. But make sure you are regularly posting the YouTube shorts so that you can reach your target audience. Once you start uploading the YouTube shorts, there will be a massive boom in the subscriber base and engagement rate.